Other reasons for not integrating in time
You have 3 years to integrate. You can sometimes get extra time in these situations:
- You first had to learn how to read and write .
- You are ill. Or a family member is ill.
- You had a baby.
- You already tried hard to integrate.
Is there another reason why you have not finished in time? Then you still might be able to get extra time.
Applying for extra time
- When your integration period has finished, you will receive a letter from DUO. The letter tells you that you have not integrated in time.
- Is your fine € 340 or more? If so, the letter from DUO includes a form. You can use this form to ask for a hearing ('hoorzitting') with DUO. A hearing is a telephone conversation. Complete this form and send it to DUO.
- In the telephone conversation you then explain why you have not yet integrated.
- DUO will decide whether you get extra time.