Have you been ill? Or has somebody in your family been ill? Then you can ask DUO for extra time.
- You were ill for more than 3 months. Or your partner, child, father or mother was ill for more than 3 months.
- You were treated for the illness by a doctor in the Netherlands. Or your partner, child, father or mother was treated by a doctor in the Netherlands.
- You could not integrate because of the illness. For example because you were not able to go to school or take exams.
- Your integration period started at least 2.5 years ago.
Did you already get extra time to integrate? You can’t ask for extra time twice for the same period.
- Log in to Mijn Inburgering.
- Complete the form ‘Machtiging opvragen gezondheidsgegevens’ (Authorisation to access health information). Enter the details of a Dutch doctor.
- Print the form and send the form to DUO.
- DUO will ask your doctor or psychologist to provide information about the illness.
- DUO decides if you get extra time
If you cannot log in to Mijn Inburgering, download the form ‘Machtiging voor opvragen gezondheidsgegevens’ (Authorisation to access health information). Complete the form and send it to DUO.