You had a baby

Are you a woman and did you have a baby during your integration period? Then you can ask for 16 extra weeks to integrate.


  • You are a woman.
  • Your child was born during your integration period.
  • Your integration period started at least 2.5 years ago.

Did you already get extra time to integrate? You can’t ask for extra time twice for the same period.


  1. Complete the form 'Aanvraag verlenging inburgeringstermijn bij geboorte kind' (Application extension integration period in case of a birth).
  2. Send the form to DUO, together with a copy of the birth certificate.
  3. DUO decides if you get extra time to integrate. We will let you know within 8 weeks.