You have 3 years to integrate. Can’t you make it in time? First read Overview to check if you can ask for extra time.
Do none of the situations apply to you? But is there an other reason why you have not finished in time? Then you can still ask for extra time to integrate.
Your integration period has not ended yet
Wait until 2,5 years after the start of your integration period.
You must continue to integrate.
Write a letter to DUO. Include:
- your BSN
- your name
- your address
- your date of birth
- your signature
- why you need extra time to integrate.
Include any supporting documents you have.
Send the letter and the documents to DUO by regular mail.
DUO decides if you get extra time to integrate.
Your integration period has ended
- When your integration period ends, you get a letter from DUO. The letter tells you that you have not integrated in time. You may also have to pay a fine.
- Is your fine € 340 or more? Then the letter from DUO includes a form. You can use this form to ask for a hearing ('hoorzitting') with DUO. A hearing is a telephone conversation. Complete this form and send it to DUO by post.
- In the telephone conversation you can explain why you have not yet completed your integration.
- DUO decides if you get extra time to integrate.
Started integration on 1 January 2022 or after
Did you start your integration on 1 January 2022 or after? And were you unable to integrate for at least 3 months? Then you can also ask DUO for extra time to integrate.
You cannot apply for the extra time until 2,5 of your integration period has passed. From 2024 you will find more information here.