Ill or handicapped
Ill for longer than 3 months
Were you ill for more than 3 months? Or was your partner or a family member ill for more than 3 months? And were you unable to integrate in time because of this? If so, you may get extra time to pass your integration exams. You can't apply for extra time until 2 and a half years after the start of your integration period.
Applying for extra time
- Complete the form ‘Machtiging opvragen gezondheidsgegevens’ (Authorisation to access health information).
- Send the form to DUO.
- We will ask the doctor to provide information about the illness.
- DUO then decides if you will be given extra time.
Unable to take exams
Are you very ill? Or do you have a handicap? And are you completely unable to take the integration exams because of this? Then you can apply for a dispensation. This means that you don’t need to take any integration exams.
Apply for a dispensation
- Go to argonaut.nl where you’ll find the ‘Aanvraagformulier Argonaut Advies’ (Application Form for Argonaut Recommendation). Complete this form and send it to Argonaut.
- You will have to pay Argonaut for the examination. Have you paid? Then you will be examined by an Argonaut doctor.
- The Argonaut doctor writes a letter in which he says whether you can integrate or not.
- Complete the DUO form ‘Aanvraag ontheffing bij ziekte’ (Application for dispensation because of illness). Send the form to DUO, together with the letter from the doctor from Argonaut.
- DUO will decide whether you are granted a dispensation.