Obtained a Dutch diploma
Did you already obtain a diploma in the Netherlands? Then perhaps you can get a full exemption. This means you do not have to take any integration exams. You can only get an exemption if you are required to integrate.
These diplomas may get you an exemption:
- MBO level 2 or higher
- HBO, if the programme was in Dutch
- WO (university), if the programme was in Dutch
Diploma obtained in Belgium or Suriname
If you obtained a diploma in Belgium or Suriname, you can apply for an exemption as well. The education programme must be in Dutch. And you need to have a sufficient grade for the subject Dutch. You cannot get an exemption for a GLO (gewoon lager onderwijs) diploma obtained in Suriname.
Diploma ‘entree-opleiding’ (entrance programme)
Did your integration period start before 1 January 2015? And do you hold a diploma for an ‘entreeopleiding’ (MBO level1)? Then you may not have to take any integration exams. Apply for an exemption.
Did your integration period start on or after 1 January 2015? And do you hold a diploma for an ‘entreeopleiding’ (MBO level1)? Then you do not have to take the ONA (orientation on the Dutch labour market) exam. You do not need to apply for this exemption. You will automatically receive a letter.
- Complete the form ‘Aanvraag vrijstelling’ (Application for exemption).
- The form states the conditions, and which documents you need to send with it. Send the form and the required documents to DUO by post.
- DUO decides if you get an exemption, and for which exams. We will let you know within 8 weeks.
Naturalization or stronger residence permit
Did you obtain a diploma? And do you want to naturalize or apply for a stronger residence permit? Go to the IND webdite Link opent externe pagina .