Paying for your course with a loan
Bill in Mijn Inburgering
Do you want to pay for your course with your loan? This is how it works:
- The school sends the bill to DUO. A bill is a letter stating how much money you need to pay.
- You will receive an e-mail saying that there’s a bill for you in Mijn Inburgering. Mijn Inburgering is an online portal for people who integrate.
- You log in to Mijn Inburgering. You will need a DigiD with text message check.
- You check whether the bill is correct.
- Is the bill correct? Then select ‘accepteren’ (accept). DUO then pays the money to the school.
- Is the bill not correct? Then select ‘weigeren’ (reject). Also select the option saying why the bill is not correct, for instance because the amount is wrong. In this case, DUO will not pay any money to the school.
Bill on paper
Have you received a bill on paper from the school? Then send the bill to DUO by post.
- Put your Citizen Service Number (BSN) and your signature on the bill.
- Send the original bill to DUO. Don’t send a copy of the bill. The address is:
9700 AT Groningen
- Make sure that the school also sends DUO the bill digitally, or you won't be able to pay for the course with your loan.
Have you finished your integration course? And do you still have unpaid bills? Send the bills to DUO within 4 months. If you send them any later, we won't be able to pay the bills out of your loan.