How much money can you borrow?
Are you an asylum migrant (refugee)? Then you can borrow up to a maximum of €10,000.
Are you not an asylum migrant? Then DUO will take a look at your earnings, after which it will decide how much you can borrow.
Calculate how much you can borrow
With the loan calculator you can calculate yourself how much you can borrow.
We will look at your income from two years ago. Has your income been reduced since then? Then DUO can look at your new income, too. In this case, you might be able to borrow more. You can arrange this as follows:
- Complete the form ‘Verzoek ander inkomensjaar’ (Request different income year).
- Read the text on the back of the form. This tells you what supporting documents you need to include when you send the form.
- Send the form together with the supporting documents.
- Also send the form 'Aanvraag lening' (Request loan)
- DUO then decides whether you can borrow more. You will receive a letter informing you of the decision.
For how long can you borrow money?
Do you have to integrate? Then you can borrow money during the time you need to integrate. But only if you sign the participation statement in time.
Are you not obliged to integrate, but do you want to anyway? Then DUO will check when you registered with the municipality (the municipality is the city or town where you live). The loan ends 3 years later.