Borrowing money from DUO

Almost anybody who integrates, can borrow money. You can borrow money for your literacy course, integration course or Dutch as a Second Language (Nt2) course. But only if you take the course at an approved school Link opent externe pagina . You can also borrow money for the integration exam or the Nt2 state exam.

Can you borrow?

Citizens of EU/EER countries, Turkey or Zwitserland can also borrow money for integration. As long as their income is not too high.

Are you not obliged to integrate, but do you want to anyway? If so, please call DUO. The phone number is 050 599 96 00.

Applying for a loan

Do you want to borrow money from DUO? Then apply for a loan.

  1. Log in to Mijn Inburgering.
  2. Go to: 'Lening aanvragen' (Apply for loan)
  3. Having trouble logging in to Mijn Inburgering? Then complete the form ‘Aanvraag lening’ (Loan application) and send it to DUO.

No money to your bank account

Do you borrow money from DUO? Then DUO uses your loan to pay for your course. You don’t get the money paid to your bank account.