Exams and diplomas
Questions about exams, diplomas and corona (COVID-19).
Update: 24 juni 2021
I already registered for an exam, but it was cancelled. What should I do?
Did you schedule an exam, but were you unable to take an exam due to the corona virus? You can take the exam again from 15 March. DUO will send you a letter shortly. You can plan a new date yourself via My Inburgering.
You do not have to pay for the new exam.
Does your integration obligation expire within 6 months? DUO will shortly send you a letter with a new exam date. If the date is incorrect, you can schedule a different date via the DUO contact form Link opent externe pagina . There are no costs attached to this.
Yes, we strongly advise you to wear a face mask at the exam location. Before and after the exam, but also during the exam. Only take off your face mask during the Speaking exam.
DUO wants to offer everybody a safe exam. Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), there are some extra rules:
- If you are ill or have a cold, you cannot take the exam. Cancel your exam before it starts.
- Wear a face mask at the exam location. Only take off your face mask during the Speaking exam.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow.
- Make sure you are present 30 minutes before the exam.
- Come to the exam alone. Other people need to wait outside the building.
- Wash your hands before and after the exam.
- Keep 1.5 metres distance from other people. DUO will provide spacious exam places.
- Go straight outside after the exam.
- Follow directions of the DUO staff.
- Your exam spot will be cleaned before and after your exam.
You can read the extra rules in the flyer (58Kb, pdf) (Dutch only). Of course, you also need to comply with the regular exam rules.
NT2 state exam
Can I take the Nt2 state exam?
Yes, the DUO exam places will be open again from March 15, 2021
I passed. Can I pick up my integration diploma?
No, you can’t pick up your diploma yet. DUO will temporarily mail your diploma via registered post.
Do you need to proof you have an integration diploma? Wait until 2 weeks after the results of your last exam. You can then download an extract from Mijn diploma's. The extract is free.