Choosing a school
Not everybody can choose their own school.
Started integrating on 1 January 2022 or after
- Are you an , then your municipality chooses a school for you.
- Are you not an asylum status holder, then you have to choose a school yourself.
Started integrating before 1 January 2022
You have to choose a school yourself.
Choosing your own school
In the following situations you can choose your own school:
- You started your integration between 1 January 2013 and 1 January 2022.
- You are not an asylum status holder and you started your integration on 1 January 2022 or later.
The website zoekinburgerschool.nl Link opent externe pagina has a list of schools. We advise you to choose a school from this list. These schools have the Blik op Werk accreditation. You can borrow money from DUO to attend the schools on this list. You can’t borrow money for other schools. Also important when choosing a school:
- What does the course cost?
- Which courses does the school offer?
- How many hours of lessons do you get each week?
- How many people are in a class?
- Does everyone in the group speak Dutch at the same level?
- Do other people think the school is good, too?
- Are there enough computers?