Choosing a school
Not everybody can choose their own school.
- If you are an , your chooses a school for you.
- If you are not an asylum status holder, you have to choose a school yourself.
You have to choose a school yourself.
Choosing your own school
In the following situations you can choose your own school:
- You are required to integrate under the 2013 civic integration act ('Wet inburgering 2013').
- You are not an asylum status holder and you are required to integrate under the 2021 civic integration act ('Wet inburgering 2021').
The website zoekinburgerschool.nl Link opent externe pagina has a list of schools. We advise you to choose a school from this list. These schools have the Blik op Werk accreditation. You can borrow money from DUO to attend the schools on this list. You can’t borrow money for other schools. Also important when choosing a school:
- What does the course cost?
- Which courses does the school offer?
- How many hours of lessons do you get each week?
- How many people are in a class?
- Does everyone in the group speak Dutch at the same level?
- Do other people think the school is good, too?
- Are there enough computers?