Already living and working in the Netherlands for a long time
ConditionsHave you already been living in the Netherlands for a long time? And have you worked here? Then maybe you don’t need to integrate. This is called a dispensation. There are 3 conditions for a dispensation:
- You have been living in the Netherlands for 10 years or longer.
- You have worked in the Netherlands for 5 years or longer. Voluntary work also counts.
- You speak good Dutch.
Applying for a dispensation
- Complete the form ‘Aanvraag ontheffing inburgeringsplicht’.
- Ask your employer to complete the ‘werkgeversverklaring’ (employer’s statement).
- Send the form and the statement to DUO.
- DUO will invite you for an interview. This interview costs €90.
- After the interview, DUO decides whether you will be granted a dispensation.
Not enough for naturalisation
Are you not obliged to integrate? And do you want to apply for a Dutch passport? If so, you can't use this form. Check the page on naturalisation to learn what to do.