Whose interest will increase?
The interest will increase from 1 January 2023 for:
- those still integrating, or starting to integrate.
- those starting repayments from January 2023.
- those already repaying, whose fixed-rate period ends on 1 January 2023.
Whose interest will not increase?
The new interest rate does not apply to:
- asylum status holders who finisch their integration on time. They do not need to repay their loan. Nor the interest.
- those whose 5 year fixed-rate period has not ended yet. Their interest rate will remain 0% until the fixed-rate period ends.
If you are still integrating, your interest rate remains the same for a year. This is called the fixed-rate period. Every year the interest rate is revised.
If you are already repaying, your interest rate is fixed for 5 years. This means your fixed-rate period is 5 years. Every 5 years the interest is revised.
Notice from DUO
If your interest rate changes, you receive a notice from DUO. The notice states your new interest rate. You can also check your interest rate in Mijn Inburgering.