Go to News overview

Exemption ONA if you are self-employed

Do you run a business in the Netherlands? If so, you can now apply for an exemption for the Orientation on the Dutch Labour Market (ONA) exam. If the exemption is granted, you will no longer have to take the ONA exam.


You need to meet certain conditions to get the exemption. You also need to send us certain documents to prove that you meet the conditions. For more information, check the pageĀ Worked in the Netherlands.

Naturalisation or stronger residence permit

Are you integrating in order to request Dutch citizenship? Or to request a stronger residence permit? Then you can also apply for the exemption.